Monday, January 8, 2018

Snow and Ice



Snow and ice
Snow and ice
Relentless cold, snow and ice.

I have practiced Gratitude, prayer and meditation every day of this new year.  And, most days I have managed to do something creative (focused on my creative ‘studio’ space, filled with unfinished objects of the bead-y kind).  But I have done some quilting, sewing, sketching, and planning as well.  

Discardia continues around here; in my world, it helps to CREATE SPACE for beauty, peace, and quietude.  So important to me after the rush of holiday people and activities.

But this day, I am so weary of the constant blue-grey color of snow and ice.  So in posting this blog, I am renewing my commitment to creating art every day.  And that means getting out watercolors, papers, stamps, colored pencils and markers, and bringing color into my winter world.  Bigger, looser color than I have been using in beading and jewelry making.  



#drawriotdaily A simple watercolor sketch. 
Day 8- "midnight blue"

Thanks to Claire Fabian, blogging here , for sharing her colorful creation—a tiny art journal.

 Her post led me to Tori Weyers’ blog, where I read of her New Year intentions.  She posts daily crafting prompts each month, using #drawriotdaily.  Just LOOK at some of her creations:




So today, I pick up the January #drawriot daily challenge, based on COLOR. !   

Posting to my blog affirms my commitment to accepting the daily discipline of creativity, and participating once again to the community of creative folk on the internet.  I need an antidote to relentless cold and politics, don’t you?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was inspired by feeling cozy and looking out into the prettiness... often happens in my winter world!

      Delete