Friday, July 8, 2016

Peace

Today we read about violence.  The world is hurting, and some are placing a call to arms to defend . . . what?





I am signing off FB for awhile. Too much ignorance and hate, not enough meaningful discussion. Cute animals and TGIF memes just aren't cutting it for me this afternoon, either.




Instead, I am taking care of my own little corner of the world.  A simple life.  House work.   loading up recycling -- since my tiny town just can't seem to embrace this concept, I have to drive elsewhere to drop it off myself for pete's sake.    


Meanwhile, here are some of my GORGEOUS day lilies; I went wandering among them, in the steamy heat, to refresh my soul. Stop over to enjoy them; coffee's on.


For the rest of the day, I'm just gonna hang out in my own little peaceful, air conditioned world.   A little sketching, reading, meditation.  






 The hot, humid air wreaks of violent storms building.  The atmosphere is heavy.  So is my heart.    .    .    .    .









1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! You know I'm a flower lover too! They are calming, as is my time in my garden, where I go to escape the TV news when it becomes just too much! This election cycle makes me want to become a hermit some days! So thanks for the tranquility you offered here!

    Thanks too for your feedback on my blog question I posted today! Much appreciated!

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete